we could all use a little inspiration right? sometimes we get stuck in a rut with our recipes. let's help each other break the rut.
this week the category is muffins. who hates muffins. no one. so you all have one to share. the recipe below is for pecan banana muffins but not just any muffins. these are sugar free, grain free muffins and they are delicious. i know you are skeptical but trust me on this one. if you need to go ahead and toss a few of these bad boys in for good measure.
pecan butter muffins
adapted from jody's cashew butter muffins on pecan bread
1 cup chopped pecans
2 small bananas (with brown spots on skins, they will be sweeter)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- blend pecans in food processor until smooth, the consistence of peanut butter
- add bananas and blend until smooth
- add eggs and continue to blend
- add baking soda, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract blend once more
- pour batter until paper lined muffin tins ( i usually get 9-10 muffins)
- bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes
now it's your turn! leave a comment with your recipe and start baking the one's that inspire you.